Monday, February 15, 2016

Cycling in Pondicherry

This is also my first blog.  I wanted to put it off 'til I get skilled at art.  But this way you get to go on the ride with me!  I promise to be good company, to take good care of you, & to bring snacks ;P  This blog's for you!

Notice my feet reach the pedals on this bike.  Photo taken in Puducherry (formerly "Pondicherry", which is what most Indians I met call it), South India, a year ago.  I normally wear a helmet, but didn't bring it to India with me.  And I only had flip-flops, okay!  In this pic: riding past the Secretariat (provincial government) building.  

"Pondi" is a French protectorate, with French Colonial architecture & other elements of French culture.  Many citizens are fluent in French, and Tamil is the primary language.  It's the only city where I saw a female tuk-tuk driver.  Pondi is the home of Auroville, the "City of Dawn".  I could go on, but we have a few miles to go on this journey today.  Won't you join me?

1 comment: