Monday, February 22, 2016

No Ordinary Ride



2" x 2" 2B graphite (& Not-2B eraser)
From a photo taken by Kristi Drake

This is also going into the Sunrise Gallery Miniature Artworks show.  A magnifying glass reveals cool details (the expression & action of the walking figure, the textured design of the iron streetlamp, the topiary in front of the building, etc.).   "No Ordinary Ride" shows me on an ordinary; all other elements are from my imagination.  See my post "Too Short for This Ordinary" for the full story.  

I did research images to use (w/ credits, of course), opted not to use them, but want to mention one potential source anyway because I was so jazzed up about what this blogger is getting across:  mcaputo of http://www.hoerrschaudt.com/what-makes-a-great-urban-street/.  I think often about how public spaces are places for social connection, physical activity, & mental vitality.  
May you enjoy these opportunities in my belovéd Billings, Montana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment